101 BASS Team Rules
1. RULES: Any California resident with a valid fishing license, 18 years of age or older, with a paid membership & entry fees are eligible to fish. Persons under 18 years of age will only be allowed to fish with parent or legal guardian.
2. ENTRY FEE: Entry fees are $200 per team which includes the Big Fish pot. A $50 Top 3 option is available. No refunds unless cancellation by the Director.
3. PAYBACKS: 101 BASS will payout 80% of the entry fees at the tournament by check and/or cash and hold 20% for the TOC fund, totaling a 100% payback. This will apply to the Top 3 option as well. We will pay back one place for every five teams entered. Big Fish will payout one place only.
4. A "TEAM" will consist of two people per boat. Each team member must show up for a least 3 tournaments. Changing team partners will result in formation of a new team.
5. POINTS: 5 points will be awarded for each team that participates. First place will receive 100 points, second place 99 points, etc. plus 5 participation points. Big fish will break a tie. Overall TEAM points to qualify for TOC, will be based on best 5 out of 6 tournaments. AOY will be based on Total Points earned (no throw out for AOY).
6. TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS (TOC): We will be taking the top ten qualifiers, based on points, plus the top finisher of each tournament that has not qualified in the top ten, for a total of 16 boats. This will be a one day tournament; date and lake to be determined.
7. SCORING: Largemouth, Smallmouth, and Spotted Bass will be scored with (5) fish limit per boat, minimum 13" size limit. Short fish will result in loss of one pound plus, the weight of that fish will not be counted. A two-tenths pound penalty will be assessed for every dead fish. There is no culling of dead fish. A dead fish will not be allowed in the Big Fish option. No more than five (5) fish are allowed in live well (in possession) at any time. Anyone bringing more than five (5) fish to the weigh-in scales will be disqualified for that day, and not be allowed to weigh ANY fish.
8. SPORTSMANSHIP & SAFETY: Safe fishing and safe boating practices are expected during tournament hours. Life jackets and the outboard kill switch must be used any time the boat's big motor is running. Absolutely no alcohol or controlled substance can be used or allowed in the boat during the tournament hours. Take-off may be delayed or cancelled due to unsafe conditions as determined by the Tournament Director.
9. PROTEST: All protests must be submitted in writing to the Tournament Director within fifteen (15) minutes of the weigh-in completion. The Tournament Director will handle all protests.
10. LATE PENALTY: Disqualification.
11. TACKLE & EQUIPMENT: Only artificial lures and pork lures are allowed. Rod and reel fishing allowed only, with one rod in use at a time. When bed/site fishing, all fish must be hooked from the inside of the mouth out. One foot must remain on the deck at all times. Use of platforms are prohibited. All rules (laws) for the particular body of water must be obeyed. For night-time events, all lights must be operating when boat is in motion, and a 30 MPH speed limit must be obeyed after dark.
12. INSURANCE: Boat owners must have Boating Liability Insurance.
13. OFF LIMITS: Strict off limits will apply the Monday through Friday prior to the event.
All questions and concerns may be addressed by contacting me directly.
Jim @ 805-237-0549, cell 805-610-5284.